International Capital Budgeting Institute (ICBI)
An international organization dedicated to providing clarity and transparency in capital budgeting reporting. ICBI provides education and resources to all those involved in the creation of and users of capital budgets - business managers, facilities managers, and other businesses and professionals who provide products and services to organizations that maintain capital facilities.
ICBI is based in the United States of America, and our membership includes professionals in Australia, Canada, Dubai, Kenya, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
Professional members include CPAs, architects, engineers, construction contractors, facilities managers, project managers, reserve study professionals, software developers, and lawyers.
Our mission is to inspire professionalism in the development of capital budgets. We do that by:
- Providing internationally respected standards for the preparation of capital budgets, including evaluation of facilities, calculation, and software standards.
- Providing internationally respected standards for reporting on capital budgets.
- Providing professional designations for those individuals involved in the preparation of capital budgets.
- Providing education opportunities for industry professionals.
- Publishing web content, articles, and books and guides on capital budgeting.
- Advocating on behalf of industry groups before federal regulatory agencies and state legislatures.